Contact Recruitment (888) 250-2420
- Why LPL
- Business Models
- Programs & Services
- Technology & Operations
- Business Support
The LPL Financial Research Team
Today's financial advisor is faced with an increasing number of responsibilities, including performing investment analysis, conducting portfolio management, and delivering superior client service. Your business has never been more challenging. As an independent advisor with LPL Financial you have a dedicated research team at the ready to help you work smarter, not harder, no matter how simple or complex your needs may be.
The LPL Financial Research team provides you with actionable, unbiased investment advice and client support materials. We offer sophisticated, quality advice that evolves with the shifting investment landscape. We recognize the critical role that timely, independent, objective research plays in your ability to serve your clients, and we strive to be a valued extension of your advice creation team.
Burt White, LPL Financial Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer
As chief investment officer for LPL Financial, Burt White provides strategic guidance for the LPL Financial Research team, ensuring alignment with the firm's goals for maintaining the highest levels of integrity in pursuit of conflict-free, objective investment advice. He directs a team of analysts and investment professionals, providing in-depth research on the global economy and markets, mutual funds, separate accounts, fixed income, alternative investment strategies, and portfolio construction and optimization.
Core Research Teams
Our research teams collaborate to provide a robust research platform that covers everything from the nuts and bolts of portfolio construction and manager due diligence to creating timely and in-depth communications you can use with your clients.
- Investment Strategy: The Investment Strategy group determines the areas of the market in which to invest based on evaluations of the fundamental, valuation, and technical aspects across the range of investment possibilities. Our asset allocations are determined as a result of these evaluations and analyses.
- Manager Strategy: The Manager Strategy team leads the firm's due diligence efforts for mutual funds, money managers and alternative investments, applying a strong and thorough investment discipline to all open architecture and centrally managed platforms. The team's goal is to identify above-average investment opportunities positioned to outperform, and conduct ongoing and thorough due diligence while providing quality recommendations with complete transparency.
- Portfolio Strategy: The Portfolio Strategy group determines recommended portfolios based on investment objectives. In building these models, the group leverages the asset allocation guidance of the Investment Strategy group and the security selection advice of the Manager Strategy team. The Portfolio Strategy group then selects the combinations for each portfolio based on correlation, scenario performance and investment bias characteristic output from our proprietary SAT tool.
- Research Analytics: The role of the Research Analytics group is to perform quantitative analysis, performance measurement, attribution and appraisal of our recommendations and platforms while managing the underlying data and application usage of products and services within the group.
- Investor Strategy and Communications: The Investor Strategy and Communications group focuses on delivering timely perspectives that explore how the latest economic data, market trends, geopolitical events, and policy decisions are impacting investors and investments. In addition, you may catch members of our team on leading financial networks, in print or on the radio, including CNBC, The New York Times, or NPR discussing hot topics related to earnings seasons, the Fed, key economic reports, financial regulatory reform, and more. The team is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of our advice to you and your clients using a variety of mediums.
- ASK Research (Accurate, Swift, Knowledgeable): ASK Research is a dedicated team of research professionals prepared to address your market and investment advice questions. ASK Research professionals are experts on the entire LPL Financial research platform, including our recommended managers, models, resources, and tools. Team members are all licensed and bring extensive investment knowledge, enabling them to assist you with any questions quickly and efficiently
- Custom Research Solutions: The Custom Research Solutions group customizes our various Research offerings for situations and distribution channels that may require unique positioning, focus or delivery.
Boston : 75 State Street, 24th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Charlotte : 2810 Coliseum Centre Drive, 4th Floor, Charlotte, NC 28217
San Diego : 4707 Executive Drive, San Diego CA 92121
Contact Recruitment (888) 250-2420
Request More Information
Schedule a call:
Connect with us on Linkedin: